Thursday, October 21, 2010

October is Open House Month...

It has been a very busy time for me; it has been an amazing time for me as I have been out visiting clubs.  October is Open House month and many clubs are inviting lots of people to come out and see what's up with this communication and leadership organization.

Last month I had the pleasure of going to 1st Waterdown's Open House where I was invited to speak to their guests on the benefits of joining a Toastmasters club.  It was an incredible opportunity for me to share  how Toastmasters has impacted my life.  I was able to share how I went from being nervous speaking in front of my colleagues at school to being privileged to lead this district as the District Governor.  I was able to share why Soaring to Excellence became my theme.

One of the best aspects of being the District Governor is that I get to present awards to those who have soared to their own excellence. What an awesome privilge!  Such was the case as I presented David Wiebe with his DTM plaque at his home club's Open House.  David will receive his medallion at the fall conference in November.  Congratulations David.... I am honoured to have been the one to acknowledge your success and present you with this award you've worked so hard to achieve.  Happy Soaring!


Congratulations David Wiebe, DTM



Merri








2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that, for me, the best part of my servant's role is the people. I, too, spent a lot of time in October visiting clubs - in Areas 71 and 74. What a thrill it is to stand in the doorway at an Area Contest welcoming people and being able to call each of them by name. New experiences and new friendships have dominated my month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like it, is there? It's all about the people. Toastmasters have become my second family and I feel so blessed to know such wonderful people. You're right, Gigigal. To call each by name and see their broad smiles and then get treated to warm hugs is the best.
    That's what the conferences are like too; all those friends. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete