Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Only 2 More Sleeps

Can you believe it?  The Fall Conference is almost here. Are you ready to go?   I got my list and I'm checkin' it twice...oh, wait...that's another list.

Yes, I'm ready to go.  Got registered; got a hotel room; got times and places to meet up with friends; got my notepad for the workshops; got my dancing shoes packed.  Like I said, I'm good to go.

If you are one of those folks who have never been to a conference before, then you are in for a real treat. You will be expected at the First Timers' Reception at 7:00 pm so you can mix and mingle with the other First Timers and get to meet the district officers.  Come and join in the fun.  There's also food just for you.

Can't wait for Friday Fun Night...it will be a blast with all the Vaudeville entertainers coming.  You won't believe who you'll see. I think I heard that Charlie Chaplin was coming as well as Mae West.  And many more too.  Who will you dress up like?  Did you know that there are prizes for costumes?  I'm coming as a...no, I think I'll keep that as a surprise.

District 86 never fails to amaze me with the quality of workshops put on by our very own.  There are 12 to choose from and that's going to be tough.  In fact, why don't you conspire with a friend as to which ones you will attend so you can share the learning.  Get more out of your conference experience!

The contests are always such fun. And what can be more fun than a Humorous Speech?  Why the business meeting of course, following right after. Then dress up in your finest and come on out to the Governor's Banquet & Ball.  Great food, great company, recognition presentations and then dance the night away to the sounds of DJ David Terryberry.  Got your dancing shoes packed?

Sunday morning begins with a workshop by Lori Lococo, DTM, PDG and you don't want to miss that.  Following her is the Table Topics Contest.  You'll be amazed at what comes out of people's mouths with only seconds to prepare and minutes to present.  A valuable skill by all accounts. 

Sunday Brunch features our keynote speaker Jamey French and you won't believe the story he has to tell.  You'll be moved by what he has to share.  It will touch your heart and forever leave its mark. 

So...only 2 sleeps to go....are you ready?   Got your dancing shoes packed?  Then come on down....and I'll see you on the dance floor.

Merri

No comments:

Post a Comment