Saturday, September 4, 2010

This Blog is for YOU!

At last, the District 86 blog from me to you and back is up and running.  I had hoped that I would have been able to start this while I was at the International Convention in California but alas I had two problems. One was that my laptop, which I lugged halfway around the world, or so it seemed,  failed to marry up with the hotel internet and the other options were too pricey to consider.  Then there was the element of available time, of which they was very little.

 It was with great pride in our members of District 86 that your District Trio went forward to receive the Distinguished District Award you so richly deserved.  It truly was an incredible experience.  We were joined by all members of the district who had journeyed to California for the convention.  I would strongly recommend to anyone who is able to attend next year where it will be at Bally's in Las Vegas.

District 86 Receiving Recognition at the International Convention

However, now is the time to get connected.  Having a blog available to our members seems like a really good idea.  There have been times when our communications from the district level to the member has faltered and not got passed along.  How unseemly for a communications organization indeed, but one of our strengths is to find ways to make communications work; for everybody.  And so a blog is born.

I invite you to jump in and offer your comments, suggestions and ask your questions.  I do not have all the answers, information or resources but I do know people who do.  It will be through this interactivity that I hope many will find meaning and value in being a part of a larger group of Toastmasters.  Do join in.  This blog is for YOU.  

Merri

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Merri, this blog is a great tool for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think so too Dennis and thank you for posting to our website so quickly. It is very much appreciated.
    Merri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Every Toastmasters in District 86 should know about this blog. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete